Hiker Parking & Shuttle
2023 FRANCONIA NOTCH STATE PARK HIKER SHUTTLE
Hikers accessing the wildly popular trailheads adjacent to Lafayette Campground
- Northbound side… Falling Waters / Old Bridle Path, etc.
- Southbound side… Lonesome Lake / Dodge Cutoff / Pemi Trail, etc.
The 2023 FNSP Hiker Shuttle is a paid shuttle to offer rides to those who’d otherwise (illegally and unsafely) be parking on Interstate 93 / Franconia Notch Parkway and walking along the highway to access popular hiking routes at Lafayette Place. Highway parking along I-93 / Franconia Notch Parkway is illegal at any time.
Shuttle is $5 CASH ONLY, round-trip PER RIDER, regardless of age. Have a well-behaved dog with you? They're allowed, but please note it's $5 for their spot in the shuttle too. Problem dogs and their owners will not be allowed on the shuttle. The shuttle is first-come, first-served.
See all available hiker parking in Franconia Notch State Park HERE
Hiker shuttles to Lafayette Place will run Saturdays and Sundays and Holiday Mondays starting May 26 - October 15th.
Schedule and hours are subject to change.
- Shuttle operate 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM
- Last shuttle runs at 8:00pm sharp from southern end, be at pickup spot by 7:45pm at the latest.
- Hikers are STRONGLY urged not to miss the last northbound shuttle at 8:00 PM
- Regular midweek activity / parking is self-service and at no charge
Southbound starting point is at “Peabody Big Lot” at Cannon Mountain (Exit 34-C, it’s the gravel parking lot directly across the road from the base lodge)
- The only southbound “drop-off point” is at Lafayette Campground… and hikers may access all applicable trailheads there.
Northbound starting point is at Falling Waters / Old Bridle Path trailhead (Across the highway from Lafayette Campground)
- The only northbound “drop-off point” is the ending point at “Peabody Big Lot”
1. Park at Peabody Big Lot at Exit 34-C;
2. Pay $5 per rider in cash
3. Save your ticket for return trip and enjoy your hike!
4. Meet shuttle at Falling Waters trailhead for return trip to Peabody Big Lot;
5. Hand driver ticket (or $5 in cash)
FNSP Hiker Shuttle is operated by NH Parks & Recreation / Franconia Notch State Park / Cannon Mountain Ski Area;
Shuttles may not be called directly for service. General Inquiries 603-823-8800 (8 AM – 4 PM) or 603-823-9513 (4 – 8 PM);
Well-mannered dogs will be allowed on the shuttle initially… problem dogs and their owners will not be allowed on the shuttle.