Echo Lake Beach & Boat Rentals
Echo Lake Beach is CLOSED for the season. See you next year!
2023 Reservations & Beach Rules
*PLEASE NOTE: No lifeguards on duty summer 2023*
Advance Online Reservations Recommended.
PURCHASE ADMISSION TO ECHO LAKE BEACH
Before purchasing reservations, please read info below.
- We do not issue refunds due to weather.
- We do not accept American Express at Echo Lake Beach
• Reservations are limited and may sell out. Reservations will need to be made for every person in your group, even if they are 5 & under as the number of people on the beach will be limited. This includes toddlers and infants. Walk-ups will be permitted if reservations have not been sold out for that day.
• A limited number of NH Senior and NH Park Plates entries may be available for walk-up entry, but are not guaranteed. (ID or proof of Parks plate required)
• Guests must check in at ticket booth.
• Paper printout or phone receipt accepted on site for check-in.
• Guests are NOT PERMITTED on the beach prior to opening and between the hours of 6pm and 10am.
• Reservation is valid only during operating hours.
• The beach will be cleared at closing time.
• Please notify staff if you leave before closing, so we may add a reservation.
• Boat rentals will be limited and may sell out quickly due to the sanitizing process for boats and life jackets.
• Bringing your own USCG approved life jackets will help get you a boat rental. Once we have run out of sanitized life jackets and close boat rentals, we will still rent a boat to those who bring their own life jackets.
General Beach Rules:
- PETS are PROHIBITED at all times.
- Swim in designated areas only.
- Drones are prohibited at Echo Lake Beach.
- Launching personal boats / paddle boards
Public boat launch located at Exit 34B
- Feeding ducks or wildlife
- Fishing from beach
2023 Hours, Pricing & General Information
At Echo Lake Beach, visitors can enjoy the beauty of a 39-acre lake with an excellent view. The slopes of Cannon Mountain ski area drop right to the edge of the lake, and the view highlights where the Franconia Range and Kinsman Range meet, creating the notch.
2023 ADMISSION (DAY USE) RATES (by online reservation)
Reservations will be available beginning early May
Adults (ages 12+): $4.00
Children (ages 6-11): $2.00
Children 5 & under: FREE
SUMMER HOURS (weather permitting)
Beach is CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC from 6pm - 9am.
May 26 - June 11
Open Fridays - Sundays 10am - 5pm
General Store open Fridays - Sundays 10am - 5pm
Boat Rentals Fridays - Sundays 10am - 5pm, Last boat rentals go out at 4pm
June 16 - September 3
Beach is open daily 9am - 6pm
General Store open daily 9am - 6pm
Boat Rentals open daily 9am - 6pm, Last boat rentals go out at 5pm.
September 8 - October 8
Open Fridays - Sundays 9am - 5pm
General Store open Fridays - Sundays 9am - 5pm
Boat Rentals Fridays - Sundays 9am - 5pm, Last boat rentals go out at 4pm
Canoes, Kayaks, and Pedal Boats are available for rent at Echo Lake. Pedal boats are $25 / hour. Canoes & Kayaks are $20 / hour. Due to new sanitizing protocols, each boat and all life jackets (pfd's) will need to be sanitized after use. Because of a limited supply of PFD's, boat rentals may need to be suspended during the day, once all PFD's have been used. When boats are sold out, we can rent them to anyone who brings their own (USCG approved) PFD.
LAKESIDE GENERAL STORE
The Lakeside General Store will have firewood, ice, drinks, ice cream, snacks and some beach gear available.
Pets are prohibited from Echo Lake Beach, Cannon RV Park, Lafayette Campground, on the Tram and in the Flume Gorge. Pets are only permitted in Franconia Notch State Park in the designated dog walks in the Flume & Tramway parking lots.
Echo Lake Beach is a carry-in / carry-out facility. Please bring all trash with you upon departure and help keep our NH State Parks beautiful. Thank you for your cooperation!