The Flume Gorge
A STUNNING WONDER IN FRANCONIA NOTCH STATE PARK
Discovered in 1808, it will leave you spellbound as you stroll the path from the main walkway through the Flume Gorge and Liberty Gorge. The Flume is a natural granite gorge extending 800 feet at the base of Mount Liberty. You'll see towering moss-covered granite walls rising to a spectacular height of 90 feet, cascading waterfalls, historic covered bridges, glacial pools & boulders and much more.
Flume Gorge Trail
The Flume Gorge Trail is now ONE-WAY ONLY with the only option being to walk the entire loop in one direction (the old "short trail/Rim Path" is now closed). This self-guided walk is 2 miles and takes approximately 1.5 hours. The trail is mostly packed gravel with boardwalk sections and includes moderate uphill walking and stairs within the gorge. Appropriate footwear is recommended. The trail is NOT handicap accessible. Shuttles will NOT be running this summer and the upper cabin will remain closed.
Gilman Visitor Center
The visitor center is open to the public for the Gift Shop, Food Court & Restrooms. The visitor center IS handicap accessible.
DATES & RATES
2022 Operating Dates & Times
May 13, 2022 - October 23, 2022:
Open daily from 9am - 5pm.
The last time slot for admission will be 4pm - 5pm. No entry will be permitted after 5pm.
2022 Summer Rates:
Tickets are now on sale. Click the link below.
Save $3 per ticket when you make a reservaiton online.
Ages 13+: $21 at ticket window, $18 online
Ages 6-12: $19 at ticket window, $16 online
5 & Under: FREE w/ paid adult. You must still reserve a ticket for your 5 & under children, toddlers & infants.
* All rates and dates are subject to change.
*Please read below before making a Reservation*
IMPORTANT INFORMATION & RULES
- Reservations for admission should be made online in advance as in-person availability is not guaranteed.
- Reservations must be made for a specific arrival window (ex 1pm– 2pm) on a specific date. Limited reservations will be available for each hour time slot.
- A reservation MUST be made for all people in your group including ages 5 & under.
- Guests MUST arrive and check in during their selected time period. We cannot guarantee entry if you miss your arrival time.
- Walk-ins accepted only when space is available. Guests will be turned away when we are sold out.
- We do not offer refunds due to weather unless we shut down for the day. Come prepared for rain or shine.
- Refund requests can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on the day of the reservation, however requests may be denied and are not guaranteed.
- Reservation Check-In is outside on the walkway in front of the main building.
- You can enter the main building before or after your walk for access to restrooms, gift shop, food & beverage
- Once checked in for your reserved time, you will proceed around the building and begin the Flume Trail
- Restrooms can still be accessed from the back of the building if needed.
Pets are PROHIBITED
- Pets are prohibited from the Flume Gorge, Echo Lake Beach, Lafayette Campground and on the Tram. Pets are only permitted in Franconia Notch State Park in the designated dog walks in the Flume & Tramway parking lots.