The Flume Gorge
A stunning natural wonder in Franconia Notch State Park
Discovered in 1808, it will leave you spellbound as you stroll the path from the main walkway through the Flume Gorge and Liberty Gorge. The Flume is a natural granite gorge extending 800 feet at the base of Mount Liberty. The total path is 2 miles in length and takes approximately 1.5 hours. You'll see towering moss-covered granite walls rising to a spectacular height of 90 feet, cascading waterfalls, historic covered bridges, glacial pools & boulders and much more.
The Flume Gorge Trail is now ONE-WAY ONLY with the only option being to walk the entire loop in one direction. The Flume building is open to the public for retail/food/beverage. See Summer 2021 Modified Operating Rules
2021 OPERATING DATES & TIMES
May 14, 2021 - October 24, 2021:
Open daily from 9am - 5pm.
The last time slot for admission will be 4pm - 5pm. No entry will be permitted after 5pm.
2021 Summer Rates:
Ages 13+: $18
Ages 6-12: $16
5 & Under: FREE w/ paid adult. You must still reserve a ticket for your 5 & under children, toddlers & infants.
* All rates and dates are subject to change.
- Reservations for admission can ONLY be made ONLINE, in ADVANCE.
Tickets will not be available for purchase in person at the Flume Gorge.
- PLEASE READ: Modified Operating Rules BEFORE making a reservation.
- CLICK HERE FOR FLUME RESERVATIONS
- We do not offer refunds due to weather unless we shut down for the day. General refund requests can be made by emailing email@example.com by 9am on the day of the reservation, however requests may be denied and are not guaranteed.
- PETS: Pets are prohibited from Echo Lake Beach, Lafayette Campground, on the Tram and in the Flume Gorge. Pets are only permitted in Franconia Notch State Park in the designated dog walks in the Flume & Tramway parking lots.