Winter Aerial Tramway
Experience a winter wonderland on New Hampshire's only Aerial Tramway and North America's first!
A cable car departs Tram Base and whisks visitors to the 4,080-foot summit of Cannon Mountain in under ten minutes. On a clear day, you can see the mountains of four states and Canada! At the summit, you'll find Cafe 4080 with the highest beer taps in New Hampshire and Spectacular views of the surrounding White Mountains. The Cannon Summit is New Hampshire's highest lift accessed point, it's fun for all ages, and is a must-see adventure when visiting the North Country.
Dress for winter weather! The Tram base waiting queue is not heated, and the Tram cars are not heated. It is often windy and snowy at the Summit and can be serval degrees colder than it is at the base, even on the nicest of days.
Winter 2023/2024 Schedule
- The Aerial Tram will operate weekends only from 12/23/23 - 3/24/24. The Tram will operate daily during the vacation week of 2/17/24-2/25/24.
- First Tram of the day 9:00am. The last Tram up is a at 3:00pm and last Tram down is at 3:45pm.
Winter 2023/2024 Pricing:
(Save $3 per ticket when you purchase online.)
Walk-up / same day / in-person ticket prices:
Ages 13+ round-trip ride: $28
Children ages 6-12 round-trip ride: $23
Children ages 5 & under: Free w/ adult (A ticket must still be reserved for your 5 & under children, toddlers & infants.)
**NH Senior 65+: Free Monday - Friday w/ NH ID (No online reservations, must check in at the ticket window)
**Only valid when Tram is open midweek during holiday periods.
- One-Way tickets will NOT be available.
- You CANNOT hike down or walk on ski trails.
- To check-in, please have your sales number OR the name the reservation(s) was made under.
- All rates and dates are subject to change without notice.
- We do not offer refunds due to weather unless we shut down for the day. Refund requests can be made 48 hours in advance by emailing email@example.com however requests may be denied and are not guaranteed.
- PETS: Pets are only permitted in Franconia Notch State Park in the designated dog walks in the Tramway parking.